Living your core values
So following on from my last post about the Design Trust challenge for February the March challenge was to look at your five core values and score yourself – to see how much you are actually living those values. Mine were :
Then we had to set out five actions to take in the following month to aim at achieving 10/10. I chose:
1. Stick to a timetable for my week – with proper allocated time to things like facebook/blogging/twitter rather than letting time get sucked away while browsing….
2. Be much more protective of my working day – because I work from home, people don’t always understand that I’m AT work and I need to find a way politely to control this.
3. Take a day off every week and do something to feed my own creativity & skills.
4. Allocate time each week to learn – and in areas that aren’t just about my art work; I miss intellectual stimulus and would love to brush up my Latin & Greek.
5. Take control of my finances! Get my records up to date and find someone else to do my tax returns rather than me struggling with it.
Quite ambitious I think – but it’s good to aim high ! I’ve just had a wonderful trip to London, combining leisure, feeding my creativity AND improving my skills and learning new things. Just got to get on with the rest of my actions now….